Code of Conduct
The college code of conduct has been developed to protect the rights of each member of the college community, to allow each member to fulfil his/her responsibilities and to encourage everyone to learn to the best of his/her ability. This code is based on commitment to work, co-operation and consideration. These will be expressed in a number of ways:
a Quiet orderly start to the lesson:
• Arrive on time.
• Be of smart appearance - correct uniform.
• Enter the room sensibly.
• Go straight to their workplace and prepare for learning.
• Take off and put away outdoor wear.
• Take out all appropriate equipment e.g. books, pens, planner, homework.
• Put bags away.
• Remain silent during registration.
BE READY TO BEGIN THE LESSON
• When your teacher, or anyone else, talks to the whole class, remain silent, concentrate and listen.
• If the class is asked a question, put up your hand to answer. Do not call out (unless you are asked for quick ideas).
• If you wish to ask a question or need help, put up your hand.
• You must have respect for others in the class and their views.
• You are expected to work sensibly with your classmates; do not distract or annoy them.
• You are responsible for your own work and for helping to create an atmosphere for good learning in the classroom.
• Eating, drinking and chewing gum are not allowed with the exception of a bottle of water which is encouraged in most lessons.
• The only jewellery that is acceptable is a watch and one pair of small plain gold/silver stud earrings.
• Mobile phones must be switched off on entering the college. They will be confiscated if seen.
• If you arrive late without good reason, you must expect to be detained for at least the amount of time you missed in order to make up the work.
• You must ask permission to go to the toilet during a lesson.